Thank you for visiting our elections home page! Here you will find information about upcoming elections in Henry County. Links to the early voting schedule and candidate info are also included.
The following elections are expected in Henry County this year:
- House District 90 special Democratic Primary election — February 9, 2021
- HD 90 special election runoff (if needed) — March 9, 2021
- Education SPLOST VI referendum — March 16, 2021*
- Locust Grove city council special election — March 16, 2021
- City Council elections — November 2, 2021
- Hampton Mayor and Council seats
- Locust Grove Council seats
- McDonough Mayor and Council seats
- Stockbridge Mayor and Council seats
- Transportation SPLOST referendum (possible, if scheduled by board of commissioners) — November 2, 2021*
*Elections marked with an asterisk are countywide. Other elections are specific to either the house district or city limits.
Where to Vote on Election Day
Elections for federal, state, and county offices are conducted at county polling places. Not sure which polling place is yours? Visit the Georgia Secretary of State’s My Voter Page for the most up-to-date information.
If you reside in one of the four cities, then your municipal polling place may be different than your county location. The state’s website linked above will have both locations if this applies to you.
Unlike early voting discussed below, Election Day voters must vote at their assigned polling place.
Early Voting Schedule
Three weeks of Early Voting are provided for every election, including weekend voting, at several locations throughout the county. Voters may participate at whichever location is most convenient to them.
Meet the Candidates
Voters in house district 90 have a special Democratic Primary election on February 9, 2021. House district 90 includes parts of DeKalb, Henry, and Rockdale Counties. Seven candidates qualified for the open seat in the Georgia General Assembly.
The open seat was created following the resignation of State Representative Pam Stephenson. Stephenson resigned in September 2020 for personal health reasons.
The seven candidates include largely DeKalb County residents. Thanks to Decaturish.com for the additional information about each candidate.
- Stan Watson, a former DeKalb commissioner who came in second to Stephenson in the Democratic primary for the HD 90 seat in 2020.
- Greg Shealey, an entrepreneur who came in second in the HD 90 Democratic primary in 2018 and third in the 2020 primary.
- Ed Williams, a community activist and educator who came in fourth in the nonpartisan primary for the DeKalb County Commission District 7 seat in 2018.
- Angela Moore, a public relations specialist who came in third in the Democratic primary for Secretary of State in 2010.
- Joel Thibodeaux, an internal auditor who came in second to Tonya Anderson in the Democratic primary for the state Senate District 43 seat in Lithonia in 2018.
- Diandra Hines, an account executive
- Valerie Murphy, a senior systems business analyst
If no candidate receives 50%+1 of the vote, then a runoff election will be held on March 9, 2021.
In closing, thank you for your interest in upcoming elections. Moving Henry Forward encourages all registered voters to participate at the ballot box. If you notice an error on this page, please contact the page via Facebook message so that I can correct it.
Last updated on January 7, 2021