Happy New Year! When a new year starts, so too does an update to Georgia DOT’s project letting forecast. The project letting forecast for 2022 is the state’s most up-to-date estimate which road projects will bid out for construction this year.
Henry County has seven state projects on the 2022 letting forecast. Design work and right of way acquisition have been underway for years. This year, motorists will start to see construction.
The estimated let date shows when the state plans to accept bids on the project. If the state receives an acceptable low bid, then construction should start a few months later.
Project Letting Forecast 2022
- State Route 81 at Snapping Shoals Road / Jackson Lake Road — roundabout project
- State Route 20 between I-75 and Phillips Drive — road widening project
- Off-system safety improvements — 25.4 miles of highway signs, striping and pavement markings on 14 county roads in Henry County. (More details TBA)
- State Route 42 between Bill Gardner Parkway and Peeksville Road — road widening project
- State Route 42 between I-675 and SR 138 — road widening project
- Western Parallel Connector between Jonesboro Road and Hudson Bridge Road — new road project
- State Route 138 between I-75 and Rockdale County line — resurfacing project
Local Let Projects
Georgia DOT will oversee project letting for the projects listed above. There are also other projects Henry County will let for construction. Specifically, two major projects are forecast to let this year. They include the following:
- Rock Quarry Road between Eagles Landing Parkway and SR 138 — road widening project. County staff estimate to let this project for construction before year end.
- McDonough Parkway between state routes 42 and 155 — new road project. This project will also let during 2022. The project is shovel-ready pending final coordination with Georgia DOT.
Other local projects, such as intersections or road resurfacing, may also advance to construction. Finally, design work will begin on several T-SPLOST widening projects. They include Bill Gardner Parkway between I-75 and SR 155, Jonesboro Road between I-75 and North Mt. Carmel Road and Fairview Road.
Note: changes may occur to project schedules. All estimates are as of January 1, 2022. Featured image shows map of major projects forecast to let during 2022. Photo credit C. Carte.
Support Moving Henry Forward
If you appreciate my work on this article, please consider supporting the site. For as little as $3 a month, you can help me keep you in the loop about our community. To become a supporter, click here.
Sign up for my e-mail newsletter. The newsletter is a great way to stay connected with Moving Henry Forward.