Henry County Government has a busy calendar for rezoning requests during the month of January 2022. In total, eleven rezoning requests are on the calendar for either zoning advisory board or board of commissioners to consider.
The boards will conduct public hearings when considering each rezoning request. Speakers may address the board either in favor or opposed to the applicantâ€™s request. All meetings occur at the county admin building in McDonough. (updates added in bold)
Board of Commissioners January 5 at 9 am
During the morning meeting on January 5, the board will consider three rezoning requests. They include the following:
- 0.621 acres located at 3860 North Henry Blvd in Stockbridge seeking commercial zoning to allow automotive sales, (request denied)
- 1.653 acres located at 3818 North Henry Blvd in Stockbridge seeking commercial zoning to allow a new gas station and convenience store, and (request denied)
- 89.43 acres located at 1088 McGarity Road in McDonough seeking R-3 (single-family) zoning to allow an expansion of Anderson Point subdivision by Pulte Homes. (request approved)
Board of Commissioners January 19 at 6:30 pm
Later in the month, the BOC will consider another three requests. They are as follows:
- 301.69 acres located south of Old Highway 3 near Lovejoy seeking RS (residential suburban) zoning to allow an 1,100+ unit housing community,
- 20.26 acres located at 5855â€“5905 East Lake Parkway near Union Grove schools seeking MU (mixed use) zoning to allow commercial development and townhomes, and (request tabled)
- 27.54 acres located south of Foster Drive near I-75 and Jonesboro Road seeking RM (multifamily) zoning to allow a rental townhome development.
The board of commissioners makes the final decision on zoning cases. For requests listed below, they will appear before the zoning advisory board this month. Afterwards, the BOC will consider the items at a later date.
Zoning Advisory Board January 13 at 6:30 pm
The zoning advisory board has two meetings on the January calendar. Their first meeting will occur on Thursday, January 13. Rezoning requests include the following:
- 12.32 acres located at 786 Harris Drive in Stockbridge seeking to revert back to RA zoning,
- 38.90 acres located south of Mt. Carmel Road near I-75 and North Bridges Road seeking RM (multifamily) zoning to allow a townhome development, and
- 96.82 acres located off Babbs Mill Road near Nash Farm Park and Carl Parker Road seeking R-3 (single-family) zoning to allow a subdivision.
Zoning Advisory Board January 20 at 6:30 pm
One week later, the zoning advisory board will meet again on January 20. During the meeting, the board has two rezoning requests on their agenda.
- 47.438 acres located off state route 155 west of Greenwood Industrial Parkway seeking RM (multifamily) zoning to allow an apartments development, and
- 21.5 acres located off Jonesboro Road east of Chambers Road seeking MU (mixed use) zoning to allow commercial development, townhomes and apartments.
Other agenda items, such as variance requests, are not listed above. Agenda materials are available on the county website typically six days before a meeting.
Featured image shows map of January 2022 rezoning requests. Photo credit C. Carte.
Support Moving Henry Forward
If you appreciate my work on this article, please consider supporting the site. For as little as $3 a month, you can help me keep you in the loop about our community. To become a supporter, click here.
Sign up for my e-mail newsletter. The newsletter is a great way to stay connected with Moving Henry Forward.