Henry County purchasing department has published a request for proposals (RFP) to construct new ballfields on county-owned property at Fairview Road and Panola Road. The property was purchased in 2018 for a public safety campus.
Proposals for design-build services are due to the county by October 28, 2020, at 3 pm. The scope of work includes two multi-purpose sports fields, concession / restroom building, walking paths, and parking.
Commissioners awarded a design-build contract for the public safety campus last month for $3.9 million. The project includes constructing a police precinct and rebuild of fire station 6 on five (5) acres along Fairview Road.
The ballfields project covers 14.6 acres of the property. Plans include the following:
- two (2) multi-purpose (combined football / soccer) sports fields with irrigation system, chained link field fencing, goal posts, netting and bleacher pads.
- concession / restroom building to be located between the two sports fields with a minimum 240 square feet concession space, covered space for two picnic tables, men’s and women’s restrooms, and minimum 65 sq ft outside grill area.
- parking area with a minimum of 200 parking spaces. The park entrance shall line up with the Kroger entrance driveway.
- 10’ wide asphalt walking paths throughout the park, encompassing / connecting amenities.
- 10’ wide concrete sidewalks provided where needed for connectivity to the parking lot, concession building, and sports fields.
Items not in the contract include walking path and parking lot lighting, field lighting, amenities lighting, park entrance monument(s), bleachers, soccer goals, and scoreboards.
The project will most likely be funded through SPLOST V, approved by voters in November 2019. Commission district V budgeted $1 million dollars for park improvements within the district.
Other county-owned parks in district V include Village Park at North Henry, Hidden Valley Park, and Cochran Park. Purchasing documents may be viewed on the county website.