Henry County commissioners awarded a contract on Tuesday, July 7, for the county’s 2020 package of road resurfacing. In total, portions of ten roads will be resurfaced representing 6.2 miles of roadway.
Pittman Construction of Conyers, GA submitted the lowest bid in the amount of $2,424,502.00. The project is funded through local maintenance improvement grant (LMIG) funds from Georgia DOT alongside a requisite thirty percent local match from the county DOT budget and SPLOST IV resurfacing funds.
LMIG funds that will be applied towards the contract are valued at $1.75 million. County DOT funds will match $526k leaving a difference of $145k that will be funded through SPLOST IV.
Roads to be resurfaced include the following:
- South Ola Road from Peeksville Road to Old Jackson Road
- Elliott Road from state route 20 to bridge over Walnut Creek
- Lake Dow Road from Heritage Park entrance to roundabout at Rodgers / Rosser
- Brook Hollow Drive from Kelleytown Road to 365 Brook Hollow Drive
- Brookgreen Place from Brook Hollow Drive to cul-de-sac
- Forestglen Drive from Brook Hollow Drive to joint approximately 190′ from Brook Hollow Drive
- Michelle Drive from Kelleytown Road to cul-de-sac
- Mandy Court from Michelle Drive to cul-de-sac
- Saint Mark’s Drive from cul-de-sac to cul-de-sac
- Speer Road from joint near Ingles North driveway to joint near Southcrest Blvd
No roadways will be resurfaced in commission district 2. LMIG funds in district 2 were allocated for an intersection design project at Jonesboro Road and Mitchell Road, and sidewalks.