Georgia DOT has awarded a construction bid to resurface I-75 for 13.023 miles in Butts, Lamar, and Monroe Counties. The project extends from SR 36 / exit 201 to SR 42 / exit 188.
The $23.9 million dollar contract was awarded to C.W. Matthews Contracting Co, Inc. The estimated completion date is January 31, 2021.
The state also awarded two additional interstate resurfacing contracts and three interstate pavement marker contracts.
- Resurfacing 17.98 miles of Interstate 85, from north of state route 63 to south of state route 17 in Banks and Floyd Counties
- Resurfacing 15.73 miles of Interstate 75, from south of state route 26 to state route 96 in Houston and Peach Counties
Interstate pavement marking contracts include the following:
- 9.535 miles of Interstate 20, from east of Windsor Street to west of Columbia Drive in DeKalb and Fulton Counties
- 8.050 miles of Interstate 185, from south of I-185 / SR 411 to south of Armour Road bridge in Muscogee County
- 9.520 miles of Interstate 16, from west of SR 112 to west of SR 96 in Twiggs County