The city of McDonough has approved their project list for the 2020 local maintenance improvement grant. The list is headlined by resurfacing the city’s portion of Racetrack Road.
LMIG funding is distributed by Georgia DOT to local counties and cities for use on roadway projects. In 2020, the city will receive $270,712.10 in grant funding.
In total, the city will resurface 2.45 miles of roadway. A difference in project costs estimated by Moving Henry Forward to be between $342,000 and $465,000 will be funded by SPLOST IV.
The maintenance work will be bid out this summer with construction occurring in the fall.
Roadways to be resurfaced include the following:
- Racetrack Road within city limits, from Old Griffin Road to the Salvation Army.
- Travis Road from state route 81 to Racetrack Road.
- Regency Park Drive from state route 20 / 81 to Brookside Drive.
- Premiere Way from Racetrack Road to City Square Blvd.
- Ben Horton Drive from state route 155 to state route 155 (loop roadway).