LMIG funding is distributed by Georgia DOT to local counties and cities for use on roadway projects. In 2020, the city will receive $270,712.10 in grant funding.
In total, the city will resurface 2.45 miles of roadway. A difference in project costs estimated by Moving Henry Forward to be between $342,000 and $465,000 will be funded by SPLOST IV.
The maintenance work will be bid out this summer with construction occurring in the fall.
Roadways to be resurfaced include the following:
- Racetrack Road within city limits, from Old Griffin Road to the Salvation Army.
- Travis Road from state route 81 to Racetrack Road.
- Regency Park Drive from state route 20 / 81 to Brookside Drive.
- Premiere Way from Racetrack Road to City Square Blvd.
- Ben Horton Drive from state route 155 to state route 155 (loop roadway).