The city of Stockbridge has approved construction for their 2019 LMIG package. Counties and cities throughout Georgia receive annual Local Maintenance Improvement Grant funding from Georgia DOT for use in roadway resurfacing projects.
The city awarded a bid worth $1,322,458.32 to Stewart Brothers, Inc. of Doraville, GA in October. The contract will be funded using GDOT grant funds worth $291,306.61, previously allocated fund balance worth $650,000, and additional fund balance / SPLOST dollars worth $381,151.71.
Approximately 4.7 miles of local roadway will be resurfaced as part of the project. Roads include the following:
- Country Club Drive, S., from Eagles Landing Parkway to Rock Quarry Road
- Lambert Drive, from North Henry Blvd to dead end
- Spring Street, from Rock Quarry Road to dead end
- Love Street, from East Atlanta Road to Burke Street
- Burke Street, from North Henry Blvd to Lovejoy Street
- Wild Wind subdivision located off Tye Street
- Glynn Addy subdivision, excluding Glynn Addy Drive, located off Tye Street
- The Terrance at Eagles Landing subdivision, excluding Greenland Drive, located off Jodeco Road