The city of McDonough approved its 2019 road resurfacing package during last week’s meeting. A total of fifteen streets will be resurfaced.
Onsite Paving of McDonough, GA was the lowest bidder at $598,755.00. The project will be funded through a combination of LMIG dollars ($242,978.17) and SPLOST IV dollars ($355,776.83).
The streets to be resurfaced include the following:
- Bryan Street – Cleveland St to SR 155
- Simpson Street – Hampton St to Phillips Dr
- Johnson Street – Simpson St to Phillips Dr
- Downing Drive – McDonough Pkwy to cul-de-sac
- Taylor Knoll Way – Riverbirch Dr to Whisper Wind Dr
- Jarrett Court – Riverbirch Dr to cul-de-sac
- Leslie Court – Riverbirch Dr to cul-de-sac
- Riverbirch Drive – Taylor Knoll Way to Doris St
- Winslow Court – Burleson Ct to cul-de-sac
- Bentley Way – Kellington Dr to end
- Foxchase Court / Drive – Kingston Ln to cul-de-sac
- Amity Court – Cabriolet Tri to cul-de-sac
- Cabriolet Trail – SR 42 to cul-de-sac
- Amy Street – Bryan St to cul-de-sac
Henry County and each municipality receive annual grant funds from Georgia DOT for road maintenance and resurfacing. Earlier this year, the board of commissioners approved twelve miles of road work with its share of funding.