A new rezoning request along Jones Drive in the Union Grove area proposes to build one-hundred twenty-two lots under the R-2 on sewer zoning district. The applicant, Jones Drive Henry 80 Properties, LLC of Stockbridge, GA, is requesting the rezoning for 91.45 +/- acres from RA (residential agricultural) to R-2 with sewer (single-family residential).
The applicant’s proposed net density equals 1.7 units per acre. This is supported by the county’s future land use map which designates the area for low-density residential development.
The rezoning request will be presented to the zoning advisory board on Thursday, November 14, at 6:30 pm. Meetings are held at the Henry County Administration Building located on Henry Parkway in McDonough. Residents are encouraged to attend.
Planning staff recommend approval of the rezoning request with seven conditions:
- A traffic impact study (TIS) shall be required. All indicated improvements shall be required at the owner/developer’s expense.
- Development/construction of the subject property shall be such that access to the adjacent property to the east is maintained at all times.
- Design of any new roadways shall be such that permanent access is provided to the property to the east at the existing driveway location.
- If the new development roadway is expected to be extended further to the east in the future to serve development on the adjourning property/ies, the street’s typical pavement section should be increased based on the future expected lots to utilize that access.
- All disturbed areas shall be sodded, except where landscaping is present or installed.
- All homes shall consist of all sides’ brick, stone, stucco, or any combination of two (2) or more of the following materials on all sides (brick, stone, stucco, or cement fiberboard). Vinyl based products are only permitted in the soffits, eaves, and fascia.
- Each home shall have a minimum two-car garage. Garages shall be side-entry where feasible.
A previous version of the staff report, published in July, is available on the county website. The November staff report will be linked when available.