The Henry County Board of Commissioners has approved a construction contract for intersection improvements at Campground Road and SR 155.
The project is funded through SPLOST IV and located within commission district III. Improvements will consist of one additional turn lane on each approach, and converting Campground Court into right in / right out access.
The lowest bid for construction was awarded to Pittman Construction, Inc. for $859,709.15. A budget amendment in the amount of $543,493.00 was approved from Lake Dow at Rodgers/Rosser. That project is completed.
Expenditures to date total $142,980 for design and right of way acquisition. Funds remaining, prior to the above budget amendment, equal $457,020.
This project joins an extensive list of transportation improvements completed within the third district during SPLOST IV. The projects have included:
- SR 81 at Bethany Road
- Brannan Road at Campground Road
- Jodeco Road at Dailey Mill
- Jodeco Road at Oak Grove
- SR 20 at East Lake Road (shared project with district IV)
- Lake Dow at Rodgers/Rosser
- SR 81 at Mt.Bethel/Wynn (shared project with district I)
- Turner Church Road dirt road paving
- Jackson Lake Road bridge replacement over Mackey Creek (shared project with district I)
SPLOST IV was approved by voters in November 2013, and within district III, allocated 85% of district funds towards transportation. The proposed SPLOST V program will be decided by voters via an upcoming referendum in November. That project list is currently under development.