The Henry County Board of Commissioners has approved two budget amendments within the SPLOST IV program. The amendments complete right of way acquisition for the Blackhall Road over Rum Creek bridge replacement project in district 2 and increase available dollars for roadway resurfacing in district 5.
In district 2, the board approved moving $12,358.00 from Jonesboro over Walnut Creek bridge repair to Blackhall over Rum Creek. The Jonesboro Road project is complete and the budget amendment will complete Blackhall Road. Georgia DOT funded construction to replace the bridge over Rum Creek and work is expected to be complete by January 2020.
In district 5, the board approved moving funds from a couple projects to the district road resurfacing account. A total of $308,362.00 was moved to include:
- $228.00 from Village Park @ North Henry – Complete
- $43,372.00 from Cochran Park Improvements – Complete
- $1,467.00 from Stagecoach over Big Cotton Indian Creek – Complete
- $9,491.00 from Old Conyers over Big Cotton Indian Creek – Complete
- $253,804.00 from East Atlanta @ Thurman & Flat Rock – Design in Progress
East Atlanta @ Thurman & Flat Rock is the only project not yet complete; however, there are not enough budgeted funds to cover construction. The project will be included within SPLOST V.
The budget amendments passed with unanimous approval by the BOC. The most recent SPLOST project budgets are available on the county website under Project Master Lists.