The dirt road paving project along South Cleveland Church Road has been approved to start construction. The roadway is located between New Morn Drive and Stone Road in the Mt Carmel area of commission district II.
South Cleveland Church is an approved SPLOST IV project. Expenditures to date for design work and property acquisition totaled $123,690.
Construction costs are $1,016,987.44. The lowest bid was awarded to Georgia Asphalt, Inc. in Macon, GA.
Funding available in the project budget is $732,000. Several budget amendments were needed to fund construction and utility relocation. All funds were sourced from other district II transportation projects within SPLOST IV.
The budget amendments were:
- $29,528 from Mt. Olive Road – Complete
- $3,984 from Fields Drive – Complete
- $541 from Floyd Road – Complete
- $87,036 from Industrial Pkwy at SR 20 – Complete
- $1,640 from South Mt Carmel Road – Complete
- $636 from Farmer Drive – Complete
- $356,635 from SR 155 widening (I-75 to Bill Gardner) – Not active
Budget amendments totaled $480,000. All projects are complete except the SR 155 widening, which is not active. Georgia DOT has budgeted funds for the project.