The SPLOST V committee has confirmed venues for the remaining meetings during 2018. The committee will meet once in each city before concluding the year at the county office. The year end meeting will select any countywide projects to recommend for SPLOST V funding.
SPLOST stands for Special Purpose Local Options Sales Tax. The program provides funding for capital projects and transportation improvements through the collection of a local sales tax. The SPLOST V committee has been formed to consider possible projects for a proposed six-year extension of the existing sales tax. The program extension will be decided by voters in November 2019.
All meetings are held on Thursday’s at 6:30 pm.
- District 1: October 18 (City of Locust Grove/Public Safety Bldg.)
- District 2: November 1 (City of Hampton/Fortson Public Library)
- District 3: November 15 (City of McDonough/City Hall)
- Districts 4/5: November 29 (City of Stockbridge/Merle Manders Conference Center)
- Countywide: December 13 (Henry County Administration Bldg./Conference Room B)
Members of the public are invited to attend committee meetings and provide their input on possible SPLOST projects. An opportunity for public comment is provided at each meeting.
Additional meetings in 2019 will select district-specific projects. The dates for those meetings are below.
- District 1: January 10, 2019 at 6:30 pm
- District 2: January 24, 2019 at 6:30 pm
- District 3: February 7, 2019 at 6:30 pm
- District 4: February 28, 2019 at 6:30 pm
- District 5: March 7, 2019 at 6:30 pm
- Countywide: March 21, 2019 at 6:30 pm
Venues for the 2019 meetings will be announced once confirmed. The committee will conclude its work by presenting its recommendations to the Henry County Board of Commissioners in May 2019.